The Nanaimo Child Development Centre recognizes its obligation to respect and protect the privacy of our donors and website visitors. All personal information provided online is secure, and we have developed procedures to prevent unauthorized access and to ensure proper use of information. The Nanaimo Child Development Centre Society complies with federal and provincial privacy legislation and adheres to ethical guidelines established by professional fundraising associations.
The key elements of our policy are as follows:
- We do not lend or exchange, rent or sell our donor lists to other organizations.
- The personal information you provide when making an online donation or registering for an event will be protected by the Nanaimo Child Development Centre Society and will not be disclosed to any third parties.
- The Nanaimo Child Development Centre Society may gather data concerning traffic on the website for statistical analysis. This data is not linked to your personal information and is used strictly to improve content of the site.
- When you make a donation online, a secure connection is established and your information is encrypted to prevent interception during the transaction. The secure connection is maintained to prevent interception is completed or terminated.
- Employees of the Nanaimo Child Development Centre who have access to your personally identifiable information in connection with processing donations are required to keep the information confidential. They are not permitted to use this information for any purpose other to carry out the services they are performing for the Nanaimo Child Development Centre Society.
- If you provide us with your postal address, you may receive periodic mailings regarding the Nanaimo Child Development Centre services or upcoming events. If you prefer not to receive these mailings please let us know by sending an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 250-753-0251.
- If you have supplied your telephone number online, you may receive telephone contact from us responding to any requests you may have made.
- Our website may contain links to websites of other organizations that maintain their own privacy and security policies. This policy articulates the privacy practices of the Nanaimo Child Development Centre site only.