Mission & Vision
The Nanaimo Child Development Centre (NCDC) has been providing services for children, youth and families in Nanaimo since 1967. We provide services to over 1,900 families annually.
The NCDC provides a broad range of health and health-related services to children with developmental needs and works with families to support healthy child development. NCDC services and programs include: Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech Language Therapy, Infant Development Program, Supported Child Development Program, Child & Youth Development Program, Family Development Program, Early Childhood Education and the Vancouver Island Children’s Assessment Network (Autism and complex mental health assessments).
We support the growth of children and youth, strengthen families and build community.
An inclusive community where everyone thrives.
- Services are informed by research, evaluation and evidence based practice
- Innovation and creativity are encouraged and supported
- Continuous learning and sharing of knowledge is supported for the staff team and the community
- We continuously assess and improve our services
- We are responsive to the unique needs of families
- We acknowledge the expertise within families and collaborate with families to build on strengths
- Everyone has the right to be respected, appreciated, and included
- Cultural safety is practiced by recognizing our beliefs, practices and histories, structural and interpersonal power imbalances, and how these impact Indigenous people and visible minorities
- We recognize the importance of connections to community and culture and encourage and facilitate those connections
- We advocate for equity in access to services, opportunities and resources
- Ongoing performance quality assessment is built into our operations
- We hold ourselves accountable for our performance
- We are transparent about what we are doing and why we are doing it