Our team of 60+ staff provide therapeutic services each year to more than 1,800 children. Our professionals include: family development consultants, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, physiotherapists, early childhood educators, supported child development consultants, infant development consultants, and child and youth support workers. We also provide access to pediatric psychologists for assessment services.
Programs are funded by the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD), the local School District (SD #68), the Ministry of Health ( Island Health), and the Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island. We are fortunate to have additional funding from the community.
The Board of Directors sets a priority for a positive supportive work place culture and healthy environment and provides the senior team with the resources it needs to ensure this happens.
The Fun Factor
Join us so you can:
- Be part of a dynamic team of highly skilled, dedicated professionals
- Work in a positive, supportive environment based on mutual respect, openness, and teamwork
- Experience a diverse workload with lots of opportunity to practice therapeutic skills
- Grow through professional development. We encourage staff to participate in a variety of professional development conferences, seminars, and workshops
- Follow your passion. You believe that every child has the right to equal opportunities to develop their abilities to the fullest potential
- Work and live in a great community. You will fall in love with the great natural amenities of Central Vancouver Island, close proximity to Vancouver and Victoria, the mild west coast weather and warm, vibrant community that Nanaimo is
To join the NCDC family, send your resume to email@example.com